Good morning! I hope you had a beautiful Easter Sunday with your family. I wanted to share my strawberry cake recipe with you that everyone in my family thinks is the BEST strawberry cake ever! It’s easy and after making this delicious strawberry cake for so many years, I think I’ve perfected the recipe. Enjoy the best strawberry cake recipe below! I’m also wearing a super casual look that will be on repeat the whole summer.
Scroll through to shop the story:
THE BEST STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE
by Desiree of Chic Coastal Living blog
1 box of butter recipe cake mix
2 tubs of cool whip
2 containers of fresh strawberries (if strawberries are not in season use 1 bag of frozen strawberries)
1. Follow recipe for the butter cake mix and bake.
2. While the cake is baking, prepare strawberries by washing them and cutting them into thin slices and placing them in a bowl.
3. Add lots (and I mean lots) of sugar to the strawberries, stir and place them into the refrigerator to cool.
4. Let the cake cool and remove from pan. With a long knife cut the cake in half through the middle so that you have two layers of cake.
5. Pour strawberries carefully onto one layer of the cake without letting the strawberries go over the sides and pour all remaining juice onto the the strawberry layer.
6. Spread a layer of cool whip over the strawberries.
7. Place second layer of cake on top of the cool whip layer.
8. Spread cool whip all over the top of the cake and sides.
9. Place clean strawberries on top of the cake for decoration.
Note: It’s best to make the cake the night before and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. You can also make the cake with 4 layers. You just need to buy another box of cake.
Here are some sales you need to know about: