Hi everyone! I’m back with another post today and it just so happens to be the first DIY on my blog. This fun Halloween craft was an idea that one of my first room moms created with my class. She collected large clam shells during the summer and thought that it would be a great idea to paint them and decorate them as jack-o-lanterns. I always wondered where she found such large, beautiful shells. The past two summers we visited a beach in New York and the shore was covered with these beauties. I was so excited that I decided to collect an extra forty of them to use for my classroom this year and I thought my blog readers would love a coastal take on Halloween. You can even use smaller shells and get the same effect. Enjoy and try not to each too much candy tomorrow! XO
A few hours of taking a breezy walk on the beach, as you gather your shells.
What you will need:
orange permanent paint
black foam paper
1. Paint the shell.
2. Sprinkle some glitter on the shell before the paint dries.
3. Let the shell dry for a few minutes.
4. Use the black foam paper to cut out two eyes, a nose, and a mouth.
5. Glue the pieces on the shell to make the face of the jack-o-lantern.
6. Let the shell dry completely.
7. Enjoy for many years to come.
I linked this DIY with Serenity Now Link Party.
Fun sales happening today..
TORY BURCH: Save big on clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories.